Thursday, August 11, 2011

Things Change

So, since writing my last post a few things have happened. One, I stressed so much over Home that I gave myself an ulcer. Note to writers, don't do that. It hurts. Two, I have decided to trunk Home and work instead on a much more promising manuscript, Enemies. It's been a painful decision, and probably why I have a stomach ulcer now, but I think it's a wise one. (Thank you my dearest Amber-lynn for your advice. It is, as always, invaluable.)

Enemies is a much stronger manuscript with older characters and a much more mature writing style. Still as morbid as ever. :bigsmile: But I think it's much more interesting than Home has ever been really. It's also a lot closer to being ready to be queried which is a relief in itself. I drafted the query this morning even though I'm still smoothing things out with Enemies. It needs one last edit at least, but as far as I can tell it has no main problems and I'm just working on polishing it up. Hopefully it will be ready soon. I'm trying to work on compiling a list of prospective agents and trying to figure out which genre Enemies fits into.

Gracious, there are so many to choose from and I can't seem to tell what's one genre and what's another. I have a vampire story that's mainstream fiction, a story about werecats that's paranormal and a story about an old dragon slayer that's also mainstream. How am I supposed to tell what goes where?

So anyway, how are your projects coming? How do you decide what genre your MS fits under?

3 comments:

  1. I read "genre confusion" as gender confusion. O.O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that makes everything more awkward. XD You've been spending too much time in the Violated, that's all. (Not that, that's a bad thing.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete