Saturday, July 2, 2011

Alternate Scene

This is too rude of Aroya to actually fit into the MS so it's just here for my entertainment. I love it when she gets snide.

~


            Aroya walked into the Council chambers, her gait stiff. She held her chin high and faced Councilman Marcus in the eye before deliberately sitting on the floor in front of them. The Council members were thrown for a moment and could only stare.
            “May I ask what you’re doing?” Marcus snapped. Aroya all but glared up at him.
            “If I’m going to be treated like a child I’m going to act like one.” The corner of Liliana’s mouth quirked up, but Aroya was too busy glaring at Marcus to notice.
            “Before we continue I’d like to request that the Council stop looking down their noses at me, judging me, mocking me.” She briefly ground her teeth, struggling to get her anger under control.
            “Sitting on the floor is not helping your case,” one of the other Council members mumbled. Aroya didn’t catch who it was. Marcus’s face mottled.
            “What right have you to demand we treat you as an adult? You know nothing.”
            “Then teach me!” Aroya rose to her feet in a rush, her own face heating. “Stop mocking me and teach me,” she pleaded, the anger seeping out of her voice and changing to desperation. She had to get them to stop viewing her as a child.
            “I can’t learn if no one will help me.”

~
Trying something new. Does the italics bother anyone or is it easier to tell what's from a manuscript and what's not?

No comments:

Post a Comment