Thursday, July 21, 2011

RANT RANT RANT

I know, I've been MIA lately, but I swear I have a good excuse and that I've been working (mostly). So, one of my friends participated in NaNoWriMo with me last year and wrote The Violated which she is currently gutting and writing anew. We've been bouncing ideas back and forth as I've been going through my project of re-writing Home into a whole new document. She recommended some ideas for new scenes and one of them was that Aroya actually get her memory wiped instead of, you know, not. And I liked the idea. ... so now I'm re-writing it...again. I swear, my parents are ready to kill me. They think it's great the way it is, but I look at the MS and see all the plot holes, clunky writing, spelling and grammatical errors and abrupt transitions and I just can't leave it like that.

I'm not going to be like Amanda Hocking. I know that I actually CAN write and I plan to prove it. Don't talk to me about Amanda Hocking or I'll have to start swearing like a sailor using strong language to voice my disapproval. People like her and Stephanie Meyer, their publishers, editors and fans all need to be shot. And that's a personal opinion. I don't find it encouraging that people like them can get published so that means I can do. I just find it offensive. Why would I bother writing for a socity that reads stuff like that? It just shows me that writing is pointless. No one enjoys real iterature anymore. When was the last time you read a classic book? No one remembers classic literature anymore. I wish I could write like that, but the truth is I can't. So why should I bother?

So what am I going to do with my life? I can't live in my parent's house forever.

RANT RANT RANT.

I'm off to listen to Exile Vilify, because that makes everything better. Rant Rant Rant

Sorry guys, I'm just really unhappy right now. So I'll leave you with this thought before I offend any of you. What happens to a dream deferred?

No comments:

Post a Comment